Hope you’re all having a fabulous week! I don’t know about you guys, but January is a tough month for me–the holidays and time off work are both over, it’s cold and bleak, and spring seems far away. It’s the little things that put some pep back in my step, and I wanted to share a few things I am currently loving!
1) These simple gold bar earrings– I bought a similar pair at Banana Republic Factory last week and they are a nice change from studs. I love the small and simple trend!
2) Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream– my sister gave me a beautiful boxed set with different scents for Christmas and I love how fresh the lavender one smells!
3)These pretty print J. Crew Factory flats combine two things I love–florals and bows!
4) Look at this wonderful pink tote from Target! I’ve been looking for the right pink because all of the “blush” that’s out there isn’t really my favorite. This fits the bill! Can’t believe it’s from Target!
5) I love stationary, notebooks and blank notecards. I keep a journal and this gold is too pretty to pass up!
6) Essie nail polish in Ladylike–I found this polish in my drawer and can’t believe I haven’t worn it more! It’s a mauve-lavender and a nice neutral. I think it’s discontinued but still available on Amazon!
It’s officially cold here in Williamsburg, Virginia. Finally! It is January after all. It’s not snowing, but it feels like it could start any minute.
What to wear, what to wear? It’s freezing, my office will be freezing, and I can’t imagine getting out of my pajamas and braving the wind and cold. Below is a look that is my go-to–slim black pants, a button down and sweater combo– updated with a warm puffer vest. Add some booties (it’s too cold for flats!) and you’re ready to go. The clothes are all Ann Taylor Loft and I actually bought this plaid vest in store. It was marked down with an extra 60% off, plus I had a rewards card to use so it was on super-duper sale.
Welcome back y’all! What day is it???? HUMP day! I love that commercial. It makes me smile every time!
While I would love to put together a risk-taking outfit 5 days a week, that’s just not practical for the office. If you’re going to take work-related risks, I don’t recommend taking them with your attire especially if you work in a corporate or conservative environment. I got this comfy top at Target and I know it’s going to be so versatile this season. Express slim leg Columnist pants are my favorite, and I own several pairs of them. The length is just right to wear with heels, and the straight leg is so much more classic than a flare. I got this necklace from Bebe and it is truly an outfit maker. You could throw it on over a simple t-shirt and viola! Insta-outfit. Who doesn’t like an insta-outfit? Add a colorful blazer and booties and you’re set–professional and chic for your workday.
I fell off the blogging wagon again. Sorry guys… Bad blogger! But good news, I’m back AND thanks to a wonderful co-worker I have discovered Polyvore!! As if I don’t waste enough time on Pinterest, now I have a wonderful site that lets me put together all the outfits I want. It’s addictive! One minute I’m sitting down, just to put together one set, I tell myself and the next thing you know–I’ve been on Polyvore for 2 hours! I suppose there are worse addictions.
My blogging downfall is that I don’t always have time to take pictures of my outfits–before they get wrinkled anyway. Polyvore to the rescue! I actually wore this (almost!) exact outfit last week, when the weather was a little cooler. I got this great jacket at Target (still my fave!) . Oxblood is still hot this year, and I love how it classes everything up just a bit! This blouse from Loft is a hard worker too–it’s my go-to for the work week.